About Somar Design Studios
We’re a Wellington-based data experience agency, building trusted bridges between complex data and everyday life. Government agencies, NGOs, and businesses choose Somar to deliver real-time, high trust sites that link information to end users at scale.
We believe data and digital experiences should work for people, not the other way around. Hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders use Somar solutions daily to make their lives easier, and our clients include Greater Wellington Regional Council, Metlink, Wellington Regional Emergency Management Office (WREMO), Cancer Society of NZ, Mountain Safety Council, Ministry of Pacific Peoples, and the Department of Internal of Affairs.
Somar is an approved vendor on the NZ Government Web Services Panel and the world’s first SilverStripe Professional Partner.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Who are we looking for?
We’re seeking a well-rounded UI/UX designer to join our growing, hard-working Wellington team to deliver award-winning web development services.
The UI/UX Designer will work across both our bespoke development teams in tandem with another designer.
You’ll have a great work ethic with very much a ‘can do – wanna do’ attitude, with the ability to roll your sleeves up and get things done, to a high standard. Whilst we strongly support a work-life balance, we also want people who are willing to go above and beyond when required.
You are able to think on your feet and find creative solutions. You’ll be accurate and driven but at the same time flexible and nimble. You show genuine care for the welfare of others, especially our clients and their customers.
We’re looking for that special someone with a passion for new technology; someone who has a willingness to delight our customers with their design flair, creativity and communication skills.
- A strong user-centric design mindset with a minimum 3-5 year UI and /or UX experience
- A portfolio demonstrating an ability to produce user-centric, high-quality web and mobile first interfaces
- Proficiency in creating interactive wireframes, prototypes, storyboards and user journeys, transforming any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction
- Expertise using graphic design tools as Adobe Suite, Invision, Sketch or related tools
- Ideally experience working in an agile environment to deliver the full end-to-end design process
- An ability to problem solve, think critically and handle pressure and deadlines
- Good client management, communication and collaboration skills
- Be up to date with the latest UX/UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Ideally experience with managing UX focus groups
- Strengths in brand or front-end development would be a bonus
Why join our team?
We look after our people! We have individual development plans in place for each of our team to see you be the best you can be. We provide a relaxed environment that encourages healthy habits through company paid for communal food, social activities and an annual $300 medical allowance per person. We encourage and support a work-life balance.
Join a team of like-minded individuals that love a laugh and take pride in their work.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience and expertise.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Apply online or email email@example.com.
Please note, whilst applications close Friday November 1, we will be starting the interview process as and when good people apply!