Senior Developer/Senior Support Desk Developer
We are growing our team!
About Somar Design Studios:
We’re a Wellington-based data experience agency, building trusted bridges between complex data and everyday life. Government agencies, NGOs, and businesses choose Somar to deliver real-time, high trust sites that link information to end users at scale.
We believe data and digital experiences should work for people, not the other way around. Hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders use Somar solutions daily to make their lives easier, and our clients include Greater Wellington Regional Council, Metlink, Wellington Regional Emergency Management Office (WREMO), Cancer Society of NZ, Mountain Safety Council, Ministry of Pacific Peoples, and the Department of Internal of Affairs.
Somar is the highest-ranked NZ digital agency in Deloitte’s 2017 Asia Pacific Tech 500, an approved vendor on the NZ Government Web Services Panel and the world’s first SilverStripe Professional Partner.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
About the role:
Somar is growing!
We’re seeking a well-rounded Senior Developer/Senior Support Desk Developer to join our small, hard-working and supportive team to deliver our award-winning web development service.
The Senior Developer/Senior Support Desk Developer will have the opportunity to work across both of our working bespoke teams - it is the ultimate learning and development role that would see you gain excellent experience on high profile clients, supporting highly experienced developers.
We’re looking for our next superstar!
You’ll have a great work ethic and a ‘go get em’ attitude, with the view that no task is too small and the ability to roll your sleeves up and get it done.
You are able to think on your feet, find creative solutions. You’ll be accurate and driven but at the same time flexible and nimble. You show genuine care for the welfare of others, especially our clients and their customers.
We’re looking for that special someone with a passion for new technology and pushing the boundaries, a willingness to develop good client management and strong leadership, communication and socialisation skills.
- Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications.
- Maintain a “big picture” view of the support desk and/or projects, ensuring that the team are thinking ahead when making design decisions.
- Oversee the support team to triage tasks and implement and improve support processes
- Work with our wide range of clients on support requests
- Provide point of escalation from the support team
- Understand client needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
- Understand technical and functional design requirements, code and test technical solutions
- Review and debug code provide advice and solutions to team members
- Implement and improvements to pipeline tools, including CI/CD and automated testing
- Administration and maintenance of hosting solutions on AWS
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Assist to achieve development deadlines and schedules by supporting all teams
- Understand and adhere to coding standards
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively
We look after our people:
We have individual development plans in place for each of our team to see you be the best you can be.
We provide a relaxed environment and encourage healthy habits through communal food, shared activities and a range of benefits.
Let your performance shine and reap the rewards through our unique rewards strategy.
Join a team of like-minded individuals that love a laugh and take pride in their work.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience and expertise. In addition to your salary, an on call allowance is provided.
If this sounds like your next stepping stone, get in touch! Apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close Friday May 24.