About Somar Design Studios:
We’re a Wellington-based data experience agency, building trusted bridges between complex data and everyday life. Government agencies, NGOs, and businesses choose Somar to deliver real-time, high trust sites that link information to end users at scale.
We believe data and digital experiences should work for people, not the other way around. Hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders use Somar solutions daily to make their lives easier, and our clients include Greater Wellington Regional Council, Metlink, Wellington Regional Emergency Management Office (WREMO), Cancer Society of NZ, Mountain Safety Council, Ministry of Pacific Peoples, and the Department of Internal of Affairs.
Somar is the highest-ranked NZ digital agency in Deloitte’s 2017 Asia Pacific Tech 500, an approved vendor on the NZ Government Web Services Panel and the world’s first SilverStripe Professional Partner.
About the role:
Somar is growing!
We’re seeking a Junior/Intermediate Developer to join our small, hard-working and supportive team to deliver our award winning web development service.
The Junior/Intermediate Developer will have the opportunity to work across both of our working bespoke teams and client-facing team - it is the ultimate learning and development role that would see you gain excellent experience on high profile clients, supporting highly experienced developers.
We’re looking to discover our next superstar!
We’re looking for that special someone with the right aptitude and attitude who has a genuine passion for new technology, pushing boundaries and a huge appetite to learn and grow.
We provide an environment that supports and encourages you to think on your feet and find creative solutions without fear of failure. Ideally you’ll be accurate and driven but at the same time flexible and nimble. You show genuine care for the welfare of others, especially our clients and their customers.
You’ll have a a great work ethic and a ‘go get em’ attitude, with the view that no task is too small and the ability to roll your sleeves up and get it done
Working with your support desk team member you will need to:
- Identify requirements for customer requests
- Maintain a “big picture” view of the support desk and/or projects, ensuring that the team are thinking ahead when making design decisions
- Triage support desk tasks and implement and improve support processes
- Work with our wide range of clients on support requests
- Understand client needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Understand technical and functional design requirements, code and test technical solutions
- Review and debug code
- Administration and maintenance of hosting solutions on AWS
- Assist to achieve development deadlines and schedules by supporting all teams
- Understand and adhere to coding standards
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively
We look after our people:
- We have individual development plans in place for each of our team to help you be the best you can be
- We provide a super relaxed environment
- You get to tap into and benefit from an annual $300 health & well-being credit
- We provide loads of snacks and treats throughout the week for you to munch on
- You get to enjoy a monthly team lunch and after work activity at the businesses' expense
- We even pay weekly!
If this sounds like your next stepping stone, get in touch! Apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday June 21.