Somar is no ordinary agency!
Established 13 years ago, Somar Digital is a proven and trusted supplier agency for Not for Profits, Government Agencies, Crown entities and the Private Sector.
And we're growing!
We have extensive experience and a huge passion for working with and for organisations that genuinely want to add value, support and help New Zealand communities. Clients such as Cancer Society NZ, Citizens Advice Bureau, Plunket NZ, Women’s Refuge, Save the Children and Metlink all choose to work with us because of our high care factor.
These are all high profile, high stake clients, where they rely on Somar Digital's unparalleled service to consistently deliver, maintain and support their website assets, providing seamless customer and digital experiences and best practice accessibility standards that are built around a mobile-first approach.
As such, we are looking for a very special person to join our team as the lead designer.
If you're a senior designer ready for the next career step or are already there, this is the opportunity for you.
Who are we looking for?
You're a natural leader and positive influencer of people, understanding the importance of collaboratively bringing people along the journey of professional growth and change.
We’re seeking a well-rounded UX/UI designer to join our growing, hard-working Wellington team to deliver award-winning web development services.
The UX/UI Designer will work across both our bespoke development teams in tandem with another fabulous designer.
You’ll have a great work ethic with very much a ‘can do – wanna do’ attitude, with the ability to roll your sleeves up and get things done, to a high standard. Whilst we strongly support a work-life balance, we also want people who are willing to go above and beyond when required.
You are able to think on your feet and find creative solutions. You’ll be accurate and driven but at the same time flexible and nimble. You show genuine care for the welfare of others, especially our clients and their customers.
We’re looking for that special someone with a passion for new technology; someone who has a willingness to delight our customers with their design flair, creativity, and communication skills.
- You are self-managing/directing
- You're a natural leader and positive influencer of people
- You must be adept at managing multiple projects at the same time
- A strong user-centric design mindset with a minimum 5 years UI and /or UX experience
- Unashamedly passionate about digital design
- A portfolio demonstrating an ability to produce user-centric, high-quality web and mobile-first interfaces
- Experience with managing UX focus groups
- Proficiency in creating interactive wireframes, prototypes, storyboards and user journeys, transforming any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction
- Expertise using graphic design tools as Adobe Suite, Invision, Sketch, Figma or related tools
- Ideally experience working in an agile environment to deliver the full end-to-end design process
- An ability to problem solve, think critically and handle pressure and deadlines
- Good client management, communication and collaboration skills
- Be up to date with the latest UX/UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Strengths in brand or front-end development would be a bonus
What's in it for you to come work with us here at Somar Digital?!
- You get to work with and for awesome clients who make massive meaningful improvements to our lives here in NZ. For example, the recently re-launched Cancer Society website now supports sufferers their through their cancer journey way more effectively than previously, ensuring key information is easy to access and find. It feels awesome our team helped make that happen!
- You get to work with a team of passionate people who genuinely care about delivering great outcomes for our clients and making a real difference
- We've invested in a fabulous new office that is decked out with our people's needs in mind
- We are all looked after with amazing employee benefits including:
- Healthy Living Benefit Allowance
- Weekly Team Food
- Staff Monthly Lunch
- Staff Friday Food & Drinks from 4pm
- Staff Yearly Weekend Getaway
- Paid Leave, Flights & Accommodation for Award Attendance for nominated team members (e.g. Best Awards NZ)
- Staff $1k Training Allowance (1-2 days off)
- Project Completion Morning or Afternoon Tea
- Birthday Cake / Birthday Morning Tea
- Post-Project Retro Drinks
- And don't forget our annual Easter Bunny & Santa Goodies delivery!!!
- You'll have fun. Somar Digital is not a stuffy, pretentious agency. We provide a relaxed environment where people can feel safe to be themselves and not be judged for it. We are a diverse bunch of peeps from all walks of life and are proud of it
If Somar Digital sounds like a place you would like to explore working for, then we would LOVE to hear from you.