Somar is no ordinary agency!
Established 13 years ago, Somar Digital is a proven and trusted supplier agency for Not for Profits, Government Agencies, Crown entities and the Private Sector.
And we're growing!
We have extensive experience and a huge passion for working with and for organisations that genuinely want to add value, support and help New Zealand communities. Clients such as Cancer Society NZ, Citizens Advice Bureau, Plunket NZ, Women’s Refuge, Save the Children and Metlink all choose to work with us because of our high care factor.
These are all high profile, high stake clients, where they rely on Somar Digital's unparalleled service to consistently deliver, maintain and support their website assets, providing seamless customer and digital experiences and best practice accessibility standards which are built around a mobile first approach.
As such, we are looking for a very special person to join our development team.
About the new role:
We’re seeking a well-rounded Intermediate/Senior Developer to join our talented, hard-working and supportive team to deliver our award-winning web development service.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with new and existing clients on bespoke projects as well as via our support desk team.
What's important to us?
You’ll have a great work ethic and a ‘go get em’ attitude, with the ability to roll your sleeves up and get things done. It goes without saying you're super smart but for us, your ability to confidently and comfortably communicate well with others is just as important.
You are able to think on your feet and find creative solutions. You’ll be accurate and driven but at the same time flexible and nimble. You show genuine care for the welfare of others, especially our clients and their customers whom we aim to wow and delight.
We’re looking for that special someone with a passion for new technology, pushing the boundaries and a willingness to develop good client management and strong leadership, communication and socialisation skills. Knowledge of or experience in Agile development methodologies would stand you in good stead.
- Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
- Work with our wide range of clients on support requests as well as bespoke projects
- Understand client needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Understand and adhere to coding standards
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Understand technical and functional design requirements, code and test technical solutions
- Design technical solutions in collaboration with other developers on time and on budget
- Work on new product features, enhancements to existing features, and customer migration
What's in it for you to come work with us here at Somar Digital?!
- You get to work with and for awesome clients who make massive meaningful improvements to our lives here in NZ. For example the recently re-launched Cancer Society website now supports sufferers their through their cancer journey way more effectively than previously, ensuring key information is easy to access and find. It feels awesome our team helped make that happen!
- You get to work with a team of passionate people who genuinely care about delivering great outcomes for our clients and making a real difference
- We've invested in a fabulous new office that is decked out with our people's needs in mind
- We are all looked after with amazing employee benefits including:
- Healthy Living Benefit Allowance
- Weekly Team Food
- Staff Monthly Lunch
- Staff Friday Food & Drinks from 4pm
- Staff Yearly Weekend Getaway
- Paid Leave, Flights & Accommodation for Award Attendance for nominated team members (e.g. Best Awards NZ)
- Staff $1k Training Allowance (1-2 days off)
- Project Completion Morning or Afternoon Tea
- Birthday Cake / Birthday Morning Tea
- Post-Project Retro Drinks
- And don't forget our annual Easter Bunny & Santa Goodies delivery!!!
- You'll have fun. Somar Digital is not a stuffy, pretentious agency. We provide a relaxed environment where people can feel safe to be themselves and not be judged for it. We are a diverse bunch of peeps from all walks of life and are proud of it
If Somar Digital sounds like a place you would like to explore working for, then we would LOVE to hear from you.