Somar Digital is no ordinary agency!
Established 13 years ago, Somar Digital is a proven and trusted supplier agency for Not for Profits, Government Agencies, Crown entities and the Private Sector.
And we're growing!
We have extensive experience and a huge passion for working with and for organisations that genuinely want to add value, support and help New Zealand communities. Clients such as Cancer Society NZ, Citizens Advice Bureau, Plunket NZ, Women’s Refuge, Save the Children and Metlink all choose to work with us because of our high care factor.
These are all high profile, high stake clients, where they rely on Somar Digital's unparalleled service to consistently deliver, maintain and support their website assets, providing a seamless customer and digital experiences and best practice accessibility standards that are built around a mobile-first approach.
As such, we are looking for a very special person to join our team in the newly created role of Head of Delivery.
As the new Head of Delivery, you should have strong vendor or agency experience, be client-focused and have a proven track record delivering agile projects. You will have a strong understanding of the Scrum methodology, and evangelize Agile practices within the company. You’ll facilitate planning, daily stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives with your team and our clients, while proactively removing impediments to progress.
You’ll be leading complex projects with your team by planning, directing, and coordinating the project objectives, while also considering and mitigating any potential risk. You will effectively communicate risks both internally and externally as required while managing control over budgetary expectations.
An important part of this role is people management, and as such you will be able to work collaboratively with the team to set meaningful goals and objectives.
You need to have:
- At least 3 years of digital project management/scrum master experience
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple agile projects simultaneously
- Proven team leadership/people management experience
- Experience managing budget, technical teams, and production pipelines
- Proven and demonstrable commercial and client-facing experience
- A strong focus at all times on our clients’ business needs, user goals, and overall quality
- Excellent all-round communication skills
- High standards for yourself and the team and the desire/drive to go above and beyond
- A genuinely caring, kind, and empathetic nature
What's in it for you to come work with us here at Somar Digital?!
- You get to work with and for awesome clients who make massive meaningful improvements to our lives here in NZ. For example, the recently re-launched Cancer Society website now supports sufferers through their cancer journey way more effectively than previously, ensuring key information is easy to access and find. It feels awesome that our team helped make that happen!
- You get to work with a team of passionate people who genuinely care about delivering great outcomes for our clients and making a real difference.
- We've invested in a fabulous new office that is decked out with our people's needs in mind
- We are all looked after with amazing employee benefits including:
- 37.5 Hour Working Week
- Healthy Living Benefit Allowance
- Weekly Team Food
- Staff Monthly Lunch
- Staff Friday Food & Drinks from 4pm
- Staff Yearly Weekend Getaway
- Paid Leave, Flights & Accommodation for Award Attendance for nominated team members (e.g. Best Awards NZ)
- Staff $1k Training Allowance (1-2 days off)
- Project Completion Morning or Afternoon Tea
- Birthday Cake / Birthday Morning Tea
- Post-Project Retro Drinks
- And don't forget our annual Easter Bunny & Santa Goodies delivery!!!
- You'll have fun. Somar Digital is not a stuffy, pretentious agency. We provide a relaxed environment where people can feel safe to be themselves and not be judged for it. We are a diverse bunch of peeps from all walks of life and are proud of it
If Somar Digital sounds like a place you would like to explore working for, then we would LOVE to hear from you.